Ditto can now be found in the wild. Multiple players are reporting that the elusive Pokémon can now be caught as part of Pokémon GO’s recently started Thanksgiving event.
Ditto is not difficult to catch in Pokémon GO. All you need is a little luck. Trainers are reporting finding Ditto everywhere right now. He’s been released in countries all over the world. And he’s also appearing in many different species too.
If you want to find Ditto, don’t be picky about who you’re trying to capture. Ditto’s been reported in low-level Pidgey and Rattata, along with other species. There’s no outward indication in the wild that a species is actually a Ditto. You won’t know until you capture him. You’ll see an “Oh?” animation, like you do for an egg that’s hatching, and then a transformation scene where the species turns into Ditto.
So, instead of being more careful about who you’re catching, try to catch any Pokémon species that you come across. He seems to be more plentiful in Rattata, Pidgey, and Zubat, but The Silph Road has reported that he can likely transform from pretty much any species.
As guessed by many fans, Ditto is part of Pokémon GO‘s special Thanksgiving event. From now until November 30th, players will earn double XP and Stardust for catching Pokémon, visiting PokéStops, and completing other actions in the game. It’s unknown whether Ditto will stick around after the Thanksgiving event is over, or if it will vanish once the event has ended.
Here’s what we know so far about how Ditto behaves in gyms in Pokémon GO:
- Ditto will transform into the first non-Ditto that it encounters. It does this when both defending and when attacking.
- When Ditto transforms into another Pokémon, it will take the stats and moves of its target, but will retain it’s own level and IVs, which is why the CP will usually be different.
- If you put your Ditto up against an enemy Ditto, nothing will happen. They will both just sit there, barely inflicting any damage on each other. We’re not sure if this is intentional or a glitch, but it’s pretty funny.
- Ditto can not transform into an already transformed Ditto.
- Ditto will only use Transform once per battle, and will remain as the Pokémon it transformed into even when swapped out or when the source Pokémon is defeated.
Here are a few more random facts about the Pokémon GO Ditto that might be handy to know:
- When Ditto is made your buddy Pokémon, it gains 1 candy for every 3km walked.
- Its Max CP: 718.
- So far, there are no confirmed reports of Ditto being catchable through the use of a Pokémon GO Plus, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t possible.
Here you can see another trainer catching him.