A new Pokémon GO update is about to be released. What’s new in the latest version of the game?
Version 1.39.0 for iOS, and Version 0.69.0 for Android, is actually fairly significant, adding in a few new features and fixing up glitches that have been around since the gym update was released in June.
For one, Niantic’s patch notes say that an issue has been fixed in which players would not have their Pokémon returned to them after they were kicked out of a gym. It also fixes an issue where players were not able to complete Raid Battles before the time expired on the map.
In terms of new features, this update adds in the ability to feed Pokémon berries remotely. Before this update, you had to physically be at a gym in order to give your Pokémon a berry and increase its motivation. Berries fed remotely won’t be as effective, but still, players will have an incentive to feed Pokémon remotely if only to get Stardust. Players can also now give Pokémon berries even if the creature’s motivation is full. Once again, this means it will now be much easier to obtain Stardust.
Plus, players can now spin a gym’s Photo Disc after completing a Raid Battle. There are also new icons added to the information screen indicating how a Pokémon was caught; presumably, this means that you’ll be able to easily tell whether a given Pokémon was caught or hatched, though it could also mean that players can see what ball a Pokémon was caught with. Finally, the screen search has been improved. How exactly it has been improved remains to be seen.
Of course, the update also specifies that it includes “various bug fixes;” there have been quite a few bugs since the gym update launched last month, so hopefully this update finally puts all these issues to rest.
This is the first Pokémon GO update to be released since June 30th, with this previous update being a very minor one. Before that, the major gym overhaul update was released on June 20th.
Here are the full patch notes for this update courtesy of Niantic:
Trainers, Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.69.0 for Android and 1.39.0 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team:
- Added icons to the Pokémon information screen to indicate how the Pokémon was caught.
- Added the ability for Trainers to spin the Photo Disc at a Gym after completing a Raid Battle.
- Added the ability for Trainers to send Berries to their Pokémon defending Gyms through the Pokémon info screen when they are not nearby. Motivation regained will be less effective through this method.
- Added the ability for Trainers to give Berries to Pokémon defending Gyms if their motivation meter is full.
- Improved Pokémon Collection screen search functionality.
- Fixed an issue where Trainers were unable to complete Raid Battles started before time expired on the map view.
- Fixed an issue where Pokémon are not properly returned to their Trainer after defending a Gym.
- Various bug fixes.
—The Pokémon GO team